Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Overgrown

Do you know?
I've got this intuition, 
dreams and visions,
every night as I sleep 
in the same place where you would be
by my side. Oh nights like these, 
as I dream, this not for who you think.

It came like a heat wave, 
burning up bodies like you chose, 
oh you should know by now
You had changed it all for the chance
And I had been who I wanted
I did, I know I did.

What it was, 
It had made us, and then it drove us.
As it came, lies died.
It was around us, not in us. 
I know I did what you did not.
I did, I know I did. 

What helped? Who knows? 
Thank you for letting the winter come
My faith in us was overgrown, 
like poison ivy in a garden. 
I did, I know I did.
Your morning's frost killed the summer heat.
Now I know I wont miss out
on the love that came with spring.
I did not, I know.

1 comment:

AmberDawn said...

"Your morning's frost killed the summer heat."
Favorite line. Very nice.