Sunday, June 14, 2009

:O

Tomorrow is the last day of my high school career.
None of you guys can relate to this because I think you are all juniors,
so let me just try to relate to you exactly what is going through my mind:

This is exciting. Wait no, I'm actually terrified. No, maybe a little exciting though, right? Well, do I really know anything else besides waking up at any point between 6 and 7 every weekday? I have eaten lunch off of plastic trays more than any other material. Drank more milk through a small cardboard box than a glass. God. How the hell am I going to spend my summer? Is Katie really going to hang out with me as much as she says she will? What about everyone else? No, I don't think anyone else will. I think I'm about to have a sad realization of the fact that I have less than 5 people in my life who give a shit about me and how I spend my time. That's too bad, but I guess will make it easier when I leave in August. Shit. August. Shit. College. I'm moving hundreds of miles away to share a room with some chick I don't even know. Will we get along? Well, I don't really get along with anyone, huh. Am I going to miss the people I hated for four years? Probably not, but I don't know, maybe? Am I going to miss all those underclassmen with the lives that I envy because they made the decisions I wish I made? No, I'll probably just facebook stalk them. Am I really going to keep in touch with all those kids who told me to? And even if I do, how long is that going to last? A year? Two years? When will the point come where communication finally comes to its stopping point? WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS AND WHO IS GOING TO ANSWER THEM.

I don't know if that is an appropriate sampling of what normal high school seniors think about the night before their last day, or if I am just very annoying and dramatic. Nonetheless, holy shit.

No comments: