Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May 14

When i died, i felt nothing in that moment. No pain, no sorrow. I didn't have this revelation, nor did my life flash before my eyes. I didn't see this beam of angelic light, just the fluorescents, which needed to be changed. The lord above didn't come to speak with me and send some urgent message for the fate of man kind. In that moment i thought one thing, and one thing only. Where the hell was everyone? Where were the mourners who were to drop to my feet? Where were the witnesses who were to run and scream mercy? Where was the family who was to lose an important part of themselves? Where the hell was everyone? That crap about seeing all my passed loved ones? Yeah, well that was joke if i ever knew one. Bright red veins. My own flesh and blood. It's weird ya know, hearing yourself slowly go. Remember when your favorite battery operated toy was losing its life and the sound became this unknown demonic tone? Well thats all i heard in my last moments. Damn annoying. Now try and imagine my hostility at the pearly gates if i ever made it. Try and imagine losing the feeling at your fingertips, and the very tip of your toes. The numbing pain slowly rising through your blood, no longer pumping warm, but cold. Laying still, because although you may want to get up and go your body's got other plans for you. This warm, wet liquid lining your body puts you in a trans like state, frees your mind while its still just that. Quick, you have to say goodbye, Christ if you don't you'll never hear the end of it.
But where the hell is everyone?
Gone.
What is this? No, No i cant move my arm, now stop asking. Dark. Light. Red. I cant answer you, I'm trying, but i cant. Don't leave, not yet. Just wait. Give me a chance, Jesus even after death I'm rushed. Those voices, i know them. They make me love the dulling demonic tone of death. The ripping pain in my side makes me love the numbing feel of loss. Get the mourners off my back, tell the witnesses to pipe down. As for the family? Mellow dramatic. I don't think I'm ready to open my eyes, not unless I'm returning as a completely new soul. Not unless the skies are suddenly clear, the grass a new shade of green, and the faces with painted smiles. No, No i don't want to get up and walk, now stop asking. Red. Light.
Reborn.

No comments: