Monday, November 16, 2009

Irony of Life

Here's something I wrote about two years ago. I'd definitely like to make it into a movie. Maybe I'll ask Dominique to borrow her dad and his car one day...

Two teenagers sat in the back of the car, both in deep thought. The boy stared out the right window while the girl's gaze traveled out of the left. Minutes passed without a word or blink. Sound was a stranger to everything except the gulls overhead and the nearby crashing waves.
Finally the boy spoke: "Think we've wasted any part of our lives?"
The girl turned to make contact with him.
"Yeah, some." she said.
"Yeah, me too. Like all those hours spend playing video games and stuff- I could've been studying or... I don't know, writing a book."
"I started writing a book."
"Why didn't you finish it?"
"Got bored of it. Became more interested in a guy."
"Yeah, girls probably took up a big part of my life. I don't think any of them were even worth it."
There was a long pause and the girl turned once again towards the window. The boy stumbled for words.
"I kind of regret not paying attention to my dog. He died like a year ago," he said. She turned back to him.
"I never had a dog. All the pets we had died in like a month. Fish, gerbils, turtles... all of them. Maybe we were just bad pet owners."
"Nah, I'm sure it wasn't you. Pets like that never live long."
"We went through nine gerbils in two years..." she replied flatly. He raised his eyebrows and they both laughed.
"Wow, we have kind of screwed up a lot. I wish I could go back to parts, you know?"
"Yeah..."
"Hey, I know. Why don't we make a pact? From now on we're going to pay more attention to life; really live it. Time just goes by too quickly to always walk with your head down. We have our whole lives ahead of us, and we only have one shot, so let's make it a good one. What do you say?" He stretched a hand out to the girl. She shook it and smiled.
"Here's to life."

Just then the door opened. A man in uniform took his seat behind the wheel. The girl sat up to talk to him.
"So where are we going?" she asked, her fingers poking through the metal caging.
"Prison of course, now keep it down back there," spoke the cop authoritatively.
They did as they were told, and the car took off down the road...

1 comment:

Heeb Hmr said...

haha dude I love it, it shouldn't be hard to make. DO IT